Taylor Connect

Replies to This Posting

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Attention Grabber - How to achieve: draw attention to your profile!
      1. So Popular - How to achieve: become friends with over 130 other Taylor fans!
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: Thoughts on Grammy performance!

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I used to see Liz Huett on the stage whenever Taylor performed. Sometimes I miss her too. She's not there anymore.

1. TC Founder - Joined the new Taylor Connect during the preview period (Feb 2012 - May 2012)
      1. Conversationalist - how to achieve: reach a certain threshold of wall posts on your profile from other users. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      1. Casual Poster - How to achieve: reach the threshold of 13 posts in the forums.
      2. Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      3. Super-Serious Poster - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      4. Slight Obsession - - How to achieve: reach a certain threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? You'll have to wait and see!
      5. Taylor Connect Is Life - How to achieve: reach a VERY high threshold of posts in the forums. How many you ask? It will take you a while to get there :)

Re: OFFICIAL GRAMMY CHAT

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM

839 replies. wowwww

Me, TanyaxOh, Heather

RE: Re: Thoughts on Grammy performance!

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:58 AM

fearless4taylor wrote:
    All of those dancers that were on stage with her at the Grammy's are the same dancers that are gunna be with her on tour. I loved the performance. She opened the show with a bang & got everyone ready for a fun night. She likes making her shows theatrical. That's what she did at the Grammy's. There wasn't too much going on either. It's not that hard to check out what's going on with the dancers, band members, etc. then watch Taylor. I thought she did a wonderful job & I hope she does some similar things with the RED tour. & about the Alice in Wonderland theme. It does make sense. She said when she was making the video for WANEGBT she wanted it to be corny but fun at the same time. That's exactly what she did.

This is MY opinion on the performance & I'm NOT putting ANYONE down because of their opinion.

I completely agree with you.

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Yenni_TS wrote:
    I used to see Liz Huett on the stage whenever Taylor performed. Sometimes I miss her too. She's not there anymore.

Do you know she left to have her own singing career?
    ...interested in a position for a fan-made Taylor magazine? GO!! > http://taylorswift.com/forum/all_things_taylor/2369683#post_20912563

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM

cool

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Yeah I argee with loveswift13. I just didn't like her costume. My best friend dressed up as a cute ring master for halloween, red and black. So when I saw the costume I was like "She looks like a ghost". Although I do love her hair style!
    Live and Love

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I loved the performance!!!!!

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM

MissHappyNarwhal wrote:
    lovetswift13 wrote:
    MissHappyNarwhal wrote:
    taylorswiftielucky13 wrote:
    lovetswift13 wrote:
    I didn't like it and am disappointed in Taylor. There was so much more she could have done with the song, not a stupid circus theme which makes no sense. I understood it at the EMA's since the whole show was a circus theme but it made no sense for the Grammys. I also didn't like all of the people with her on stage, I found she didn't stand out and got lost in all the people. She should've done an acoustic version of it or just a fun rendition of the song with her 4 back up singers. That would've been 100 times better then the stupid circus theme. As for the "British Accent" thing i don't think she was doing an accent she was just mocking the way a guy speaks like she does in the song as usual. They are talking way too much about that. So yeah, I was very disappointed in Taylor and this performance, definitely not her best performance.

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

Urgh. You are a swiftie? Nice one.

http://taylorswift.com/forum/fan_made_graphics/2264922
    My graphic shop ^

Hey, no need to be rude. The topic was about what people think of the Grammy performance, and she posted what she thought of it.
    She doesn't have to like it.

I just posted what I thought of her performance, I mean it was good. Taylor sung the song perfectly as always I was just disappointed in the theme of the performance. She could have done something much better in my opinion, just saying.

I Spoke Now on July 14th, 2011 and June 14th, 2013 will come back to me in burning RED

Oh, I wasn't talking to you, don't worry. (:

To the swiftie who wrote the first comment: I had a bad day, don't worry about what I wrote. OK, it was just the I read it. That's fine :) I should've read it through a few times.

Thanks ^

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Lexingtonky13 wrote:
    My opinion:
    Maybe the circus theme connected to HER because she wrote the song. we don't know why she chose that but Taylor always has a cool back story that maybe she will tell us one day. And maybe the point was her being like the "ring leader" and taking over the relationship so that's why the guy was there. Her british accent wasn't the best but do you know how hard it is to sing and dance at the same time? It was towards the end of the song and there was a lot going on so she probably had her mind on different things that perfecting the accent. And it was just a funny poke at harry. he seriously probably doesn't even care because he doesn't see her any more.
    She had to perform WANEGBT because it was nominated. None of her other songs made the cut off for the grammys so they were not nominated. And what do we care what the media says anyway? Half the stuff they say is not true and we are better than to listen to them. The performance also couldn't be acoustic because she was opening the Grammy's and the whole meaning of that is to get the crowd and audience at home pumped up.

This is just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. no hate please

I'm with a lot of people in that I don't get the circus theme. In my opinion it doesn't connect to the song. And honoustly don't think it means anything to her either. Remember she did a performance like this on the EMA's. Circus was the theme of the EMA"s which is why the people of the show came up with this concept. So during the EMA's it made sence, but at The Grammy's (or on tour for that matter) it doesn't. I really hope she'll do something else on tour, but I highly doubt it.

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I think it would have been better in she sang ikywt but overall it was still a good performace
    Fearless Tour: 5.15.10 Speak Now Tour: 7.19.11

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM

you're right the dancers were creepy :s
    i think that the theme was cool but it turned out a bit exagerated :/
    but she looked and sounded great :)

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I think you are disappointed with the circus theme, because it's a circus theme. You can say ''I wanted something to connect with the song'' but what really could connect with the song? Really? Would you prefer a lot of animals dancing there? I like the circus & Alice theme because it was funny and I really enjoyed it. If you think in it, it's better to do that because when you saw a performance you want to enjoy it, and Taylor did it perfectly. I really think that was her best performance of this song, even if I wanted another kind of song, she did it perfectly and I don't think anyone has to be rude with the opinions of the other people.

Credits to: Stay Stay Stay Graphic Shoppe

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I personally really liked it. She has done the circus theme with WANEGBT before, so i liked the addition of the Alice in Wonderland thing, because it keeps it new. The dancers may have been a bit distracting, but i wouldn't call them creepy. I love the "I still love you" in a British accent!

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM

It was flawless as always. The bunny guy made me laugh so hard!

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM

personally, i thought it was the worst performance of wanegbt and the wrong performance for the grammys. she should've been more creative with the song and maybe even added a remix. I just didn't like it. She looked really pretty but I didn't like it at all:(

www.twitter.com/osnapitzswifti

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM

The real truth is that the dancers were very...strange but funny the same time!It was awesome anyway!...

RE: Thoughts on Grammy performance!

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I did not like it. I love Taylor soo much, but my goodness I don't know what on earth is happening to her. I watch her video of a cover she sang of Run by George Strait and compare it to this performance and it makes me sad at how much she's changed.

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I liked it. Although, what she did was not a British accent. For one, I've never heard anybody in Britain talk like that. Second, there's no such thing as a British Accent; Britain is composed of Northern Ireland, England, Wales and Scotland, each with about three thousand accents apiece. Think about America; there isn't a single American accents. There's Texan, there's Missouri, there's Colorado, etc etc. Same with England. There's Scouser, Brummie, Chelsea, York, Essex, Scunthorpe, North, South...etc etc. There are parts of London with different accents, for Gods Sake. What most people think of as the "British" accent is actually the English Upper-Class-London accent (Which is the one I have). XD

Moving away from my Rant ^^ I don't think she was trying to do an English accent...she was deepening her voice to sound like a man, as per usual. There is literally no difference between her deepened voice this time and her deepened voice in her other performances, except this time she has had a break up recently, and the media and ODers and even some Swifties are trying to blow it out of all proportion.

On the performance itself, it wasn't her best, but it was still good; I loved it, and I thought the Alice in Wonderland theme was very good. :) Personally, I think her AMA IKYWT performance is her best one to date...but that's just me. XD

Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Not gonna lie it wasn't the best, I haven't liked many of her perfomances lately, fingers crossed for the brits!

You've taken the time to view my signature, so now you HAVE to add me!

Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

i LOVED IT!

Thanks ^

Big Machine Records

Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.